Ballerina Avery

Ballerina Avery

Friday, March 16, 2012

Infusion 22, 3-16-12

Today went great. It started out foggy when we left but cleared up quick. I was worried I would be driving in horrible fog in downtown Detroit! Avery did amazing. Karen got the IV first try and Avery only had one little tear that had to be wiped away.  The minute we mention it is time to get her IV she starts getting anxiety and starts fussing :( Makes me sad but she was a trooper! She played babies with Grandma for quite awhile, ate doritos and goldfish, yogurt, grapes, raspberries and drank juice. We asked her what she wanted for lunch and she said pizza...:) so subway pizza she had! We watched Dora, Elmo, Barney and deleted scenes from Lady and the Tramp(because I didn't check the case before I left and the movie was in the DVD player..at home) I checked all the cases but that one. Live and learn. She was sad but got over it! ha ha! I am proud to be this amazing little girls Mommy! She is stronger than I can/could ever imagine being! She has determination like no one I've ever met! For her there is no option but to be a normal 2 year old. And she will not give up! Just when I say or think she probably can't do that(like walk down from the patio, or walk sideways on a low balance beam at therapy)without my help..she does it and proves me wrong. I have never ever been so happy to be proved wrong in my life! The PT or OT give us things to work on and we do them with her! Then the next time at therapy she makes me proud and does it! For example, walking backwards. She tried last week and couldn't quite get it. So Wade, Mya and I practiced with her this past weekend and Wade had her pulling the wagon outside. So when Miss Becky said lets walk backwards Avery..she did it and did it with a huge grin on her face while she kinda looked over her shoulder at Becky. She knew she could do it..she just needed to practice! I love that kiddo more than words can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment