Ballerina Avery

Ballerina Avery

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Early On PT

Last week was our evaluation for Early On. Early On is a free program through the Oakland Co. schools. Avery qualifies for PT, OT, and ST. This is just about perfect timing because our 40 visits of each therapy through our insurance are up in October. So that would be over 2 months with no therapy...but we will for sure take advantage of this school program. We will start back at Kids in Motion in January!
I was not sure what to expect..but was really impressed. The room that we will be doing actual PT and OT in is inside the Holly Elementary. Perfect..right down the hall from Mya's preschool classroom! It was super clean and neat and the therapists were SO nice! What a relief. I guess I  thought since it was a" free" program it wouldn't be as great as KIM. Dumb thought I know...(most)public schools are great and we pay taxes too.  I am sure it will be great! It just won't be as much therapy as we are used to. I had to do stacks of  paperwork and she had to be enrolled in school(it will save us some time later when it comes preschool time!) So we had to get immunizations and I am working on getting prescriptions for the therapy.  I met with Suzanne(head of the program in Holly) again this past Tuesday and Avery starts Thursday! For now our schedule will be Monday at Davisburg Elementary. This will be a group therapy for Avery to interact with other kids. I'm kinda bummed about it being in Davisburg. It is probably only 15 min away but I was SOO looking forward to being close to home. Holly El is 2 blocks away. Oh well, whatever is best for Miss A! On Thursday OT and PT and ST will be divided up within an hour. Not what we are used to at all but not complaining! We have to be there at 11. Again, perfect! Mya gets done with preschool at 1130 so she  can come play with us in the therapy room until we finish at noon! Saves me some trips! All is all, I feel really good about Early on. I'm excited for a change for a couple months! I'm hoping we can continue this program through the school year along with Kids In Motion. We are gonna get this girl MOVING!

1 comment:

  1. She's come so far already.........she continues to amaze us.

    ReplyDelete