Ballerina Avery

Ballerina Avery

Sunday, October 9, 2011

10-2 through 10-8

What an exciting week for Avery. She walked 10 feet..by herself. She is getting so brave. She will go from sitting to standing(kinda) by herself and does a lot of monkey crawling(at least that is what I call it). Monkey crawling is when she has her feet on the floor is semi standing up but bends at the waist and puts her hands on the floor in front of her.(does that make sense)...in my mind it does! Her vocabulary is becoming huge. She is saying sentences now. Well maybe not complete sentences but I'll take it. Her favorite thing to say is...out ma ma! Out of the car seat, out of the grocery cart, out of the stroller....I get it she wants out! It makes me so happy she wants out ma ma because she wants to MOVE! I have had several people comment on how strong her speech is getting. Must be all the hard work her and Alisha are doing! The therapist also mentioned that developing speech goes hand in hand with walking. YES PLEASE! Avery also uses a different walker now. It has wheels on the front and back..and she is a reckless driver! I'm ok with it...but watch your toes because she will run em over! What a difference 5 months in therapy can make! Amazing! I'm thankful for my life! It was/has been really hard for me to say that lately..but I really am! I'm thankful for everything I get to watch her learn! I'm thankful she is teaching me something new everyday! I'm thankful we have the resources we have....meaning,... infusion, insurance, therapy...and most of all EVERYONE that supports Avery!

No comments:

Post a Comment