Ballerina Avery

Ballerina Avery

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Back to normal?

On Sunday, after her big birthday party, Avery woke up with a 102 fever and just screaming and crying. She carried on for a couple hours and I called Dr. Haddad, her pediatrician. He said to bring her in immediately. He met me at his office(yup Dr. Haddad will go into the office on Sunday, and her personally answers his phone, anytime any day)NOT a doubt..we are with the right pediatrician! He examined her and when he felt right below her ribs/side stomach area she screamed. Not a "I got my finger pinched..or fell down" scream, an ear piercing pain cry. I immediately lost it. I knew something was wrong. He mentioned a couple things it could be but couldn't be sure until we got tests done. We needed to get them done, and fast...so to the ER we went. They checked her out and guessed it was either a ruptured appendix(which would be rare in a 2 yr old)a urinary tract infection, or a kidney issue. Further tests would indicate it was a UTI. They started antibiotics right away and we got admitted to the hospital. Little did we know we would be staying there for 2 nights. She needed to be monitored for 48 hours. WHAT A NIGHTMARE. We got to our room and I ran home to take a shower and get a few things for our stay. When I returned, the medication had already kicked in and Avery was feeling better. By that night, Avery was pretty much back to normal. She was just REALLY tired and cranky. I stayed with her Sunday night and Wade stayed with her Monday night. Monday was a really long day. We had to keep her entertained ALL day. The hospital had a wagon..so we walked with her in that for hours! And the toy room was right next door to us, perfect. We also brought lots of toys and books! She barely took a nap..it was so light in there and loud. She is used to dark and quiet. Mandy came with the kids, and Dick and Lorraine brought Mya up to visit. I went to get some food with Mandy and that night when I came back to the hospital Avery was SOOOO over tired and cried/screamed for 2.5 hours before Wade finally got her to sleep. He said she later woke up and was up for most of the night. ugh. On my way to the hospital on Tuesday morning, I text Wade and asked him if he wanted anything from McDonald's for breakfast. His response, "unless they serve 8 hours of sleep, I'll have a coffee." I knew that the night must of have been a long one! Grandma and Grandpa had Mya and Charley for the couple of days and were over the top with helping out. Grandma visited Tuesday after dropping Mya off at school and rocked Avery and she slept for over and hour and a half...she needed it so bad. Lisa and Lexi came to visit us on Tuesday, and we got to go home at 2p. YES. All in all, Avery was pretty good, we survived, and I'm hoping that is the last trip to the ER forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment