Ballerina Avery

Ballerina Avery

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Infusion # 10

OK..so I'm a little over a week behind. Who's counting. Infusion 10..went pretty good! Lorraine went with me this time. We were unsure if we would be able to have the infusion on Friday...due to Avery being sick. She had croup and an ear infection. If she is running a fever or coughing she can't have the infusion. What would we do?? We would have just had to have 2 infusions on back to back weeks. I'm so thankful she woke up with no fever. When we got there Dr. Stockton was waiting for us...that never happens! It seemed like it took a while to get the meds..but then again it always does when you are trying to entertain a 2 yr old. Avery was really tired and I thought she would never go to sleep(because she never does) and over half way through she fell asleep :) She slept for over an hour! It was really nice. Jessica was the nurse who did the IV..and she got it on the first try. I held Avery and did a great job myself! Wade usually does the holding..but it really wasn't that bad. I think I did better holding her..than not! The infusion seemed to go pretty quick. We were home by 3! The infusions just wipe her out...and me too.  Only 16 more to go until we "hopefully" can do them at home! Really looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment