Ballerina Avery

Ballerina Avery

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Week of October 17, 2011

Another busy week for the Meyer/ Nagelkirk family. With therapy and school I am a full time taxi :) 5 months ago I had no place to go and nothing to do. WOW that has changed to say the least. Tuesday Avery had PT with Shawn. This was our last appointment with Shawn for the year, our PT visits are up with Insurance and their 6 month policy expires too. When I got there Shawn pulled me into the back to talk. I figured she wanted to update me on Avery and give me a plan for the few months that we would not be seeing her. Well, not the case. Shawn's last day with Kids in Motion is next Tuesday, the 25th of October. She is going to medical school and got accepted for next year. She will take some time off to be with her family before she leaves to go to the Caribbean for school. I was SHOCKED! I immediately started to cry. You have no idea how much this single person has changed Avery's life..as well as my whole family's. I just assumed She would be Avery's therapist forever. :( I am so happy that she is pursuing her dream! but am soooo bummed at the same time. She said it is so bittersweet and loves her job and loves our family so much too. She said she is going to school to be "Dr. Dabrowski."  Dr. Dabrowski is Avery's Physiatrist! Good for her. She has been taking classes and working towards this goal for a long time. So where does that leave us? Mary the owner will be working with Avery until they replace Shawn.  But really, I don't think anyone will ever compare! What a feeling. I'm sure over the course of the years ahead several people will come in and out of our lives. But I wasn't ready for it. Note to self...don't get attached to the people that care for your child?! RIGHT,!? Easier said than done. We see Shawn more than I see my immediate family and friends. That is just how it has to be at this point in our lives. So Tuesday, her last day we will go in and say goodbye to her and thank her for ...being so great! We are gonna miss her! I hope one day she will be Avery's physiatrist! I HOPE!

1 comment:

  1. Shawn has made SUCH a difference. We will all miss her. How lucky that she's the one who started Avery on her journey to be a walker!

    ReplyDelete