Ballerina Avery

Ballerina Avery

Thursday, August 18, 2011

6-15-11

OT with Brian and ST with Alisha today.  As usual..on Wednesdays I don't get to talk to Brain after therapy because he hands Avery off to Alisha right after his session...to avoid contact with me. It would not be good if she got to see me between. Alisha cleared her Monday schedule for Avery. So Avery will now be doing ST (speech therapy) 2 times/w...k.  :) Her therapy schedule is as follows:
Monday OT with Brian at 11 to 12 then ST with Alisha from 12 to 12:30
Tuesday PT with Shawn 9 to 10
Wednesday OT with Brian 10 to 11 and ST with Alisha from 11 to 11:30
Thursday PT with Shawn 9 to 10
Every other Friday Infusion day...8:30a Detroit Children's Hospital
Tired from just reading that schedule!  WOW!  But when I see the improvement she is making I all of a sudden am not tired anymore!
Alisha brought Avery out today and Avery was pointing at her shirt.  I knew exactly what she wanted...a sticker.  I said Avery ask Alisha for a sticker..and she wouldn't do it.  I said to Alisha she wants a sticker and Alisha shook her head as if ...yes I know she wants a sticker but she is not getting one til she asks for it...and looking at Avery she said "ask me for a sticker."  Avery wouldn't do it. I caught myself speaking for Avery today.  I always do this.  I am working on it.  It is really hard when everyone looks at you after she speaks to know what she said...I am an interpreter! I finally sat Avery down in the chair and got to her level and said Avery if you don't ask for a sticker..you are not gonna get one today.  Kay Kay say ..sticker please....she finally said it under her breath and without eye contact.  What a stinker! Alisha brought out a puppy sticker and a Cookie Monster sticker and asked her to choose.  She chose the puppy(yup I was surprised becasue she LOVES Sesame Street). I asked Alisha if it would be ok to take a sticker to Mya and she said yes of course.  WOW Avery was so excited to give that Cookie sticker to Mya.  I feel like I could feel Avery sharing her experience with Mya through a sticker...weird I know..but!!!it is what it is. Avery also came out of the PT room a sticky mess.  Silly mommy put her in a white shirt..forgetting that Mr. Brian gives her a dum dum as part of her therapy. Needless to say her hair was crunchy and sticky and she had to have a change of clothes!  I said that is fine...I would ruin 100 outfits for the success she is having!

No comments:

Post a Comment