Ballerina Avery

Ballerina Avery

Thursday, August 18, 2011

6-2-11

PT with Shawn today!  Avery likes her and pretends she doesn't..I know it!  She is such a little stinker!  Avery didn't cry with her though!  Shawn wants us to work on tall bent knees with her...basically standing on her knees and playing while keeping her butt/hips straight and from rocking around.  She said this is where she needs to get stronger.... We will for sure work on it! We kinda already do...but we will add it to the already "long" list of therapy we do!  No arguments here! :) She also mentioned the shoes were a huge help.  She noticed right away that they helped...good!
I was waiting for Avery...like always in the waiting area. Shawn usually will bring her out to me and hand her to me...today was different. I saw the therapy door open and heard Shawn say.."look who's comin" Out comes Avery walking with minimal assistance from Shawn with the little walker with wheels on it.  I LOST IT!  I get tears in my eyes even writing this.  This moment for me was similar to the moment my children were born..I can't explain it..but I am sure glad I experienced it! AMAZING! Avery looked so adorable..in her big girl shoes and I had her hair in piggies..so cute!  I could not stop crying..I just bent down to Avery's level and gave her the biggest kiss and hug and said..I love you so much! and I am so proud of you!
Avery's reaction:  why is everyone looking at me..and why is my crazy Mommy crying!  She thinks it is no big deal(which is a good thing..I think) Maybe it just felt really normal to her!  I hope it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment